Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Austin's Christmas Wishes!

I have kept up a long time family tradition that I grew up with for my boys. Every year in December we would light an advent candle and sing Christmas songs. One year my great grandparents put together a book for us with a scripture, song, and story each night before Christmas in December! Shortly after Robert and I were married, my sister made a copy of that book from my grand parents and gave it to me. It is a tradition I hope my kids will continue with their children!
A few nights ago we lit the advent candle, read a scripture and sang a Christmas song! Before I got to the story I asked Austin what he wanted for Christmas. He replied with no pause, "A Chocolate Oreo". I asked again and he replied with a string of words that didn't make any sense and ended with "A Chocolate Oreo".
I giggled a bit and then started reading the Christmas Story for the night. It was "Twas the Night Before Christmas", one of my favorites! I was just into it and read the line "in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there."
Austin stopped me. "A Necklace? I want that!" (he heard necklace instead of st. nicholas)
Then I was almost through to the end of the story when I read "that shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly".
Again, Austin stopped me. "MMM, Jelly! I like Jelly!"

I think shopping for Austin's Christmas Stocking Stuffers will be easy this year! :o)


No comments: